The Aditya Birla Group Scholarship covers the academic fees as well as the hostel fees for the duration of the course, commencing with the academic session of the first year.
The value of the scholarship for various institutions is as under:
IIM: Rs 1,75,000 per annum
IIT / BITS (Pilani): Rs 65,000 per annum
Since the scholarship covers the entire course, scholars are entitled to a refund of any amounts they may have paid to their institute, prior to the commencement of the scholarship.
The scholarship funds are administered by the dean/director of the institution. All funds are sent directly to them for appropriate disbursal.The performance of the scholars is monitored closely for renewal of the award every year.
Performance assessment criteria for the renewal of the scholarship
The Aditya Birla Scholars are assessed regularly on qualitative and quantitative parameters to judge their performance on the academic and leadership front. This assessment forms the basis for determining the continuation of the scholarship for the next academic session.
For the IIMs, the assessment is done once in a one-year time frame.
For the IITs and for BITS (Pilani), the assessment is done thrice in a three-year time frame.
- Assessment criteria:
Scholastic standards: The scholar must be in the top 25 per cent of students in his/her batch
Work done by the scholar during the course of the programme: At least 60 per cent of the assignments must have a rating of at least 7 on a 9-point scale
Practical work-related experiences of the scholar: Summer project must have a rating of at least 7 on a 9-point scale
- Participation in campus activities: Active participation in a minimum of two forums on campus
- Learning: Scholar has to write a 350-word essay on "Being an Aditya Birla scholar: experience sharing"
Eligibility and application process
Gain admission to one of the following institutions:
IIMs: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Kolkata and Lucknow
IITs (B. Tech): Chennai, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur and Mumbai
Feature among the top 20 in terms of the entrance exam ranking at the time of admission.
Eligible students are required to fill the application form and submit it at the given address. Forms are available only through the institution.
The 80 students from the IIMs and the 120 students from the IITs and BITS (Pilani) who meet the eligibility criteria are evaluated on the basis of the information they provide in their application form.
- The students' overall achievements, spanning academic and co-curricular excellence, are weighted and assessed.
- Those selected for the next round are asked to write an essay.
- Essays written by these students are evaluated by a panel of judges and, based on their performance, candidates are shortlisted for the final round.
- Those shortlisted are invited for an interview.
- The 10 best engineering and the 10 best management students become Aditya Birla Scholars.
Resource : http://www.adityabirlascholars.net/